Summer is the time to get your pins out, your spaghetti straps on and your toes in the fresh air. There is nothing better than locking your thick, heavy winter boots away in the cupboard and bringing out your peep toe pumps and strappy sandals. But with the slip of one simple and very important beauty regime, you might as well forget the whole thing. Yes ladies, I’m talking about pretty pedicures and how essential they are for the hot season.
A pedicure is a way to improve the appearance of the feet and the nails. However, their function far surpasses the need to look feminine and stylish. Pedicures can help prevent nail diseases and nail disorders. They are done for cosmetic, therapeutic and medical purposes and that is all I need to warrant my opinion that they are 100% necessary and fundamental for any summer look.
Did you know that in southern Babylonia, noblemen used solid gold tools to give themselves manicures and pedicures? Neither did we, and don’t worry, we’re not expecting you to splash our on a gold nail file and wash your feet in a bath of mountain spring water. Just follow these simple steps for beautiful twinkle toes.
1. Consider biotin, vitamin and protein rich foods to get rid of brittle nails for a smoother finish.
2. Trim your nails regularly and buff the heels of your feet. Neat nails and healthy heels will soon become natural and effortless.
3. Having locked your feet up in your nikes all day, apply a hydrating moisturiser to keep your cuticles soft and nourished. Healthy cuticles leads to healthier nails.
4. Let’s talk colours. Realistically, a French pedicure is not as good of an idea as it first seems, but if you’re looking for a colour to make your feel look more tanned, fresh whites or seductive reds are good fail safes.
5. Embrace your feet. Don’t be scared of them and hide them away all summer, but equally, don’t parade them around if they’re not flip flop ready.
By Marni Banks